Thursday, July 9

Sylvia Sleigh



The Turkish Bath by Sylvia Sleigh whose work is currently on view in the show, Wiser then God at BLT Gallery in NYC until July 31. The show presents work from artists born before 1926. Take that Younger then Jesus.

On a personal note: I think it's amazing what folks born before the 1920's and 30's have seen in their lifetime. The development of the space program, the microwave, wireless, the internet, civil rights, feminism, several wars including WWII (the after effects of which created the middle class in the US), the Depression (although they were young for that one), rock and roll, the expansion of transportation, the invention of the suburb and the personal computer... just blows my mind. I am not sure that I will see such sweeping changes in my lifetime.